Monday, October 13, 2008

to guilt or not guilt....

This is probably something I could send to the NYT ethicist or Dear Abby or even that Savage guy at the Voice. But I want a relatively speedy response (assuming that you have the time to read personal blogs anymore).

This weekend, my friend's BF and his two other friends were in town for the Columbus Day holiday. My friend was not in NY and it was up to us (the nygang) to entertain them, or at least show them an okay time. It was also T's bday so of course everyone was busy getting him drunk. Not that it would've mattered that much anyway; the nygang is notoriously unsocial. I, however, took it upon myself to get to know these friends of his who were bored at the dive bar we were in and subsequently left the nygang to go with these visitors to a hip hop club where my shanghai friends were. Needless to say, the night got drunken but nothing happened, yet perhaps a touch and a touch there could have been misconstrued as inappropriate.

What do I do? I've been thinking about it for a few days now. I feel guilty, as if I should be telling someone. I'm sure it was nothing, but why do I feel this way?

My mom always seems kind of shocked and displeased that M and I do things w/o his GF, as if we were having some sort of illicit affair when the reality is that we're sitting on different couches watching movies on his awesome tv.

Perhaps these sort of feelings translated on to my feelings about this weekend's events. What do you think? help me, loklok.

No comments: